Disappointed in Stoke Denton

Disappointed in Stoke Denton
November 11, 2016 Eddie Renz

Entrepreneurs Need Not Apply

With limited parking, a steep monthly fee, and poor customer service, Stoke Denton leaves a lot to be desired and is an unexpected disappointment.

I have been trying to book a room with Stoke in Denton – a new community networking place for entrepreneurs. However, they just told me it would be $1500 to rent a room for 15-20 people on a Saturday. I thought maybe it was a typo so I called to confirm and they said, “No, unfortunately the Dallas Entrepreneur Center is handling the reservations and booking and if that if that is the price they said, that is the price.” That seems so unfortunate to me since I can rent an entire banquet hall for that price. I will probably end up using the library for my class, but, I’m sad that Denton has this great new space and then they are setting the prices at a point that excludes people from actually being able to use it.

http://stokedenton.com/memberships – if you look at this link I could get a membership for $250 a month that makes it appear that I would have access to use the conference room included in my membership – however, when I talked to Christina from the City of Denton she seemed to think that these prices would be changing since the Dallas Entrepreneur Center is taking over. I sure hope they reconsider. As a small business owner in Denton I was really looking forward to utilizing a cool space like Stoke.

Update: 12.17.16

After some back and forth with StokeDenton.com I finally decided to signup. $250 a month for a dedicated desk plus 24/7 access. However, when I reviewed the lease, you could only block out the conference room for 2 hours at a time. Fortunately, I talked to Julie and she said that it probably wouldn’t be a problem to book the room for 4 hours on a Saturday so that I could use it for my class that I hoped to teach. So things were moving along nicely… until they weren’t.

I signed the lease and paid the $250, but December was moving fast and it wasn’t until the second week that I was going to be able to get in to Stoke to use my desk space. $250 a month is expensive when I can just go sit at one of the local coffee shops and work all day for the cost of a latte. I actually like the buzz of the coffee shop (there is a website that plays coffee shop “white noise” that I love called Coffitivity)  and mingling with people.

When I finally tried to use my desk at Stoke there wasn’t any parking. I drove around and around and there wasn’t anywhere to park! I realized that because of all the traffic in that area, that if there wasn’t a place for me to park then there surely wouldn’t be any place to park for my clients and customers. So I decided I needed to find another venue. The entire purpose for me to rent this space was to utilize a conference room (that didn’t have a projector when I needed one) and to have training classes for individuals that wanted to learn how to start their own businesses.

I finally asked for a refund and instead of giving me a refund for my unused space, I never even got an access key or any type of welcome or orientation letter, I was told that they would cancel my lease without charging me a fee for canceling without a 30 days notice. This came from Jill Scigliano who is in charge of The Dallas Entrepreneur Center. She treated me like someone from Dallas would treat someone else – as if she didn’t really have much time for me. She was also the lady that said it would cost $1500 to rent a space for one day for 5 hours. It seems to me that if you started a co-networking site for entrepreneurs that you would want to go the extra mile to help them out. It would be a win/win. There is so much opportunity to network in Denton, but I can do that at Eastside and West Oak Coffee bar and not have to pay for a place that doesn’t have any parking.

So I decided to put my business class on hold for now. I’ll find a good spot, with good parking because I want to take care of my people. To me customer service is number one. I want people to have a great experience with every interaction. Our goal is to always make people feel like they matter. In my interactions with Stoke I sort of felt like I was being a nuisance and that they really didn’t need my business. And maybe they don’t. Oh well, as Jay-Z says, I’m on to the next!

32 Comments

1. fashion nova onesie 6 months ago

736939 376991Admiring the time and energy you put into your blog and in depth details you offer. It is good to come across a blog every once in a although that isnt the same old rehashed material. Amazing read! Ive bookmarked your site and Im adding your RSS feeds to my Google account. 628739

2. nam mo thay chay 6 months ago

804557 310191So will be the green tea i buy in cans the same as the regular tea youd buy to put in your morning cup? Ive been told is just normal green tea made to be cooler, but does it have any affect as far as not speeding up your metabolism as quick as normal hot green tea? 375513

3. 680238 134222This sort of wanting to come to a difference in her or his lifestyle, initial typically Los angeles Excess weight weightloss scheme is a large running in as it reached that strive. weight loss 102838

4. check this site out 6 months ago

608870 440076I need to admit that that is 1 wonderful insight. It surely gives a company the opportunity to have in about the ground floor and actually take part in creating a thing unique and tailored to their needs. 413633

5. 940329 145574I enjoy this web site, will definitely arrive back. Make confident you carry on writing high quality posts. 64588

6. nằm mơ thấy gái 6 months ago

205746 791525Come across back yard garden unusual periods of ones Are normally Weight reduction and every one 1 may be critical. One way state could possibly be substantial squandering by way of the diet. shed weight 795650

7. 426453 289871Im impressed, I need to say. Genuinely rarely do you encounter a weblog thats both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you could have hit the nail about the head. Your concept is outstanding; ab muscles something that too couple of folks are speaking intelligently about. Im delighted i discovered this in my hunt for something about it. 923295

8. If you want to live and thrive let the spider run alive.

9. Dmbbsc 4 months ago

tadalafil cheap tadalafil – buy generic tadalafil online buying tadalafil online safely

10. 호호툰 4 months ago

517830 447128I like this weblog so much, saved to my bookmarks . 378279

11. MarcosMum 4 months ago

tadalafil 30 mg: http://tadalafilonline20.com/ tadalafil 60 mg for sale

12. Zhgczc 4 months ago

hair loss regimen without propecia – finasteridepls.com finasteride warnings

13. MichaelFup 4 months ago

buy medication without an rx generic pills for sale

14. Jfcxfp 4 months ago

propecia hair growth – http://propechl.com/ does propecia cause high cholesterol

15. Icqrns 3 months ago

tadalafil 40 mg – vardenafil tadalafil sildenafil tadalafil 5mg

16. StanleyFrori 3 months ago
  17. StanleyFrori 3 months ago
  18. Lkgjqa 3 months ago

Oguxrk – modafinil and weight loss Nzdmaz nempxn

19. Yufbmo 3 months ago

Gcizup – lasix furosemide Eudzhg hhopku

20. Jasoncrins 3 months ago

http://prednisonest.com/# can you buy prednisone online uk

21. tadalafil 30 mg 3 months ago

tadalafil pills https://elitadalafill.com/ 40 mg tadalafil

22. Oevnyj 3 months ago

Ayskvu – z pack antibiotic Ybdxas xmlcpa

23. where to buy online vardenafil with out prescribed https://vegavardenafil.com/ warnings for vardenafil

24. Jasoncrins 3 months ago

http://hydroxychloroquinest.com/# hydroxychloroquine 40 mg

25. sildenafil citrate 100 3 months ago

sildenafil 10 mg tablet https://eunicesildenafilcitrate.com/ can i buy sildenafil in canada

26. tadalafil 30 mg 3 months ago

generic tadalafil 40 mg https://elitadalafill.com/ tadalafil dosage

27. Nnhlvq 3 months ago

Nchkrt – tadalafil usa Bzgbgs vdhsth

28. vardenafil tablets 20 mg best price https://vegavardenafil.com/ generic vardenafil 20mg india

29. fb88 3 months ago

Muchos Gracias for your blog post.Thanks Again. Will read on…

30. Jasoncrins 3 months ago

http://prednisonest.com/# where to buy prednisone in canada

31. fblink88vn 3 months ago

A big thank you for your blog article.Thanks Again. Cool.

32. canadian pharmacy generic sildenafil https://eunicesildenafilcitrate.com/ canada rx sildenafil